Welcome to Season 1 - The Slashers
This season will examine what we consider some of the essential entries of the "slasher" subgenre. Though popularized in the 80s, we flip the script by starting with a recent horror classic, director Adam Green's "Hatchet" from 2006. We look at :
- The backstory of the film and what lead up to it from Green coming up with the story at summer camp, to creating Ariescope pictures with his cinematographer Will Barrett, and a streak of bad luck that led to the creativity of Hatchet coming to life.
- The effective use of genre cameos to give the film credibility but not overshadow the stars of the story.
- The creation of a modern horror icon in the vain of Jason, Freddy, etc with Victor Crowley and possibly Kane Hodder's best performance.
- The masterful effects of John Carl Buechler including what at least 2 of our hosts consider one of the greatest on screen kills of all time. (Not John Paul, DAN!).
- All this plus "The Burial Plot" segment returns for season 1, AND stay tuned for the "easter egg" after the closing credits. This will typically be some piece of pop culture media inspired by the film, or some sort of original One Good Scare parody such as our fake radio commercials like "Beakman's Diner", "Smith's Grove Sanitarium".
Hosts: Rev. Dan Wilson, Anni Wilson, Todd Johnston
Post a Comment